Dear UMAC families,
In light of Governor Hogan’s announcement regarding school’s being closed until at least May 15 and Montgomery County’s withholding of field permits until May 31, we regret to say that our Spring season will be cancelled. While we held out hope for a spring season as long as we could, the safety and health of our UMAC families and players is our first priority. As soon as we are able to get back on the ball field, we will. Currently we are planning to hold a summer season in lieu of the spring season and run it from June into July. More details to come as those plans evolve.
In anticipation of the spring season, UMAC invested funds in field and equipment repairs, uniforms, equipment, hats, chalk, etc. Many of these costs, we cannot recoup quickly. As a small, volunteer-run non-profit, we ask that if you are able and willing to roll your spring registration fees into the summer, fall, or even next spring, we would appreciate your doing so and our system is set up to place a credit on your account. We also realize that in these times of financial uncertainty, families may need those registration fees now, so we are certainly willing to refund your registration cost upon request. If you are in need of a refund, please email email@example.com and provide your name, player(s) name and division, and the email account used for registration. We ask for your patience as we process the refunds as we are able. If you are willing to credit your spring registration fees towards a future season, no action is needed at this time.
As a Board, we feel that learning and playing baseball is important to the growth and development of our youth and UMAC needs to continue on our tradition in the community. This delay to our season represents an opportunity to explore new approaches to this summer recreational season, such as including more “clinic-style” group practices, sandlot-style games, and other low/no-pressure methods of teaching and playing baseball. We are excited to explore a different approach to our season this summer and hope that you will join us.
While we don’t know exactly when we will be able to organize as a group, we are looking forward to playing this summer. Once we have an idea of when we can play and how our season will be organized, we hope to open up a new registration for “Summer 2020.”
Please bear with us as we continue to explore options for a summer season. If you have any ideas you’d like to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you and your families are continuing to stay safe and healthy and we can’t wait to see you all again soon at Taylor Fields.
UMAC Board of Directors